FOR A BETTER FUTURE
In 2015, world leaders agreed to 17 Global Goals. These 17 Sustainable Development Goals have the power to create a better world by 2030. By collaborating together around these goals the world can end poverty, fight inequality and address the urgency of climate change. We are now just over half way through this mission, but we have more work to do to respond to the needs here in Sweden and globally. Therefore the foundation Steve Angello & friends and För Vårt Sverige in collaboration with UNOPS S3i Innovation Centre Sweden, Malmö FF and Lostboyslabs, have created an inclusive startup-challenge to help us achieve the goals: For A Better Future.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you want to share an idea that could change the world – we want to hear from you!
WHAT´S IN IT FOR
So I have a startup – why should I join?Because if you become one of the winners, you will be able…
- To get coaching and possible investments from investors and stars like, Steve Angello, Ben Gorham, Ash Pournouri, Mikael Kretz, Gerda Larsson, Åsa Skogström Feldt, Stefan Larsson and more is coming.
- To join the UNOPS S3i Innovation Centre Sweden as a “walk-in”and get tailor made coaching from UN specialists in markets all over the world and be part of a global innovation network for the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To present on stage, network at and be part of the For A Better Future-day the 18th of November at Eleda Stadion in Malmö, Sweden (hosted by our event partner Malmö FF).
- To receive massive PR and marketing from the whole For A Better Future-network of stars and investors.
- The winner goes directly to the Unicorn Of Tomorrow Swedish final in the Swedish Pavilion of Expo 2020 in Dubai and has the chance to be both Swedish and Global champion. Travel and lodging is all paid for. The contest will be held in Dubai in February 2022.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You need to have a passion for contributing to change for a better future.
Startups that have an idea that will make a clear impact and are working towards the Sustainable Development Goals in some form – remember there are 17 goals covering from environmental biodiversity and water quality to social inclusion and education.
We encourage women and those from diverse backgrounds to apply! We know that only together with new ideas can make a big impact.
Criterias for startups:
- Startups should have a sustainable solution with a clear impact they are trying to achieve (SDG) – For A Better Future.
- Startups should have a registered company.
- Startups should be in pre-seed, seed or A-round phase as a startup. You do not need to already speak “investor language” but you need to have a clear idea with a first version of the solution.
You do not need to have clients but it is important that you understand your market and maybe already have some market traction.
HOW DO I /
The process of the challenge is consisting of three steps:
- Applications are open and end 15th of October – all startups can apply.
To apply – fill in this form on this LINK.
- Selection process to find 6 finalists starts in late summer. The network of For A Better Future-collaborators and investors will be choosing 6 finalists that get to be part of the For A Better Future final on the 18th of November at Eleda Stadion in Malmö, Sweden.
- The For A Better Future final, that picks out 3 winners. The 6 finalists will pitch their business ideas to the investors in the morning of the For A Better Future-day the 18th of November at Eleda Stadion in Malmö, Sweden. The investors will then convene and present the winners at the evening gala dinner of For A Better Future. All the finalists will be invited to the gala dinner.
ÅSA SKOGSTRÖM FELDT
Managing Director IKEA Social Entrepreneurship and former CEO of the Hunger project
Artist and member of Swedish House Mafia and founder of the foundation För Vårt Sverige
Founder of Byredo and engaged in Cancerfonden
Social entrepreneur, CEO Curitas Ventures ranked as Sweden’s biggest talent within sustainability
Founder of BIMObject, business angel, and founder of startup Lostboyslab
Investor and writer of the book: Förebilderna: Kvinnorna som formar vår framtid
Entrepreneur and founder of Brilliant Minds, Mind Medicine, Audius, Triller, Bolt, Antler och Convendum
Entrepreneur and founder of Q-group and partner in Crunchfish
Entrepreneur and founder of ExpanderaMera and behind Sweden’s largest entrepreneurial network for women: 17
Leading large scale infrastructure investments in emerging markets with UN values and Assistant UN Secretary General and Chief Executive of UNOPS S3I